Use in reference to the open-source multirotor and fixed-wing flight controller firmware maintained by the community.
Currently supporting flight controllers equipped with STM32F4 (F4, f4), STM32F7 (F7, f7) and STM32H7 (H7, h7) processors as well as legacy releases targeting STM32F1 (F1, f1) and STM32F3 (F3, f3) processors, Betaflight is a very versatile multirotor and fixed wing firmware. Quoting the Betaflight GitHub
Betaflight is flight controller software (firmware) used to fly multi-rotor craft and fixed wing craft.
This fork differs from Baseflight and Cleanflight in that it focuses on flight performance, leading-edge feature additions, and wide target support.
Betaflight has the following features:
- Multi-color RGB LED strip support (each LED can be a different color using variable length WS2811 Addressable RGB strips - use for Orientation Indicators, Low Battery Warning, Flight Mode Status, Initialization Troubleshooting, etc)
- DShot (150, 300, 600 and 1200), Multishot, and Oneshot (125 and 42) motor protocol support
- Blackbox flight recorder logging (to onboard flash or external microSD card where equipped)
- Support for targets that use the STM32 F7, F4 and F3 processors
- PWM, PPM, and Serial (SBus, SumH, SumD, Spektrum 1024/2048, XBus, etc) RX connection with failsafe detection
- Multiple telemetry protocols (CSRF, FrSky, HoTT smart-port, MSP, etc)
- RSSI via ADC - Uses ADC to read PWM RSSI signals, tested with FrSky D4R-II, X8R, X4R-SB, & XSR
- OSD support & configuration without needing third-party OSD software/firmware/comm devices
- OLED Displays - Display information on: Battery voltage/current/mAh, profile, rate profile, mode, version, sensors, etc
- In-flight manual PID tuning and rate adjustment
- Rate profiles and in-flight selection of them
- Configurable serial ports for Serial RX, Telemetry, ESC telemetry, MSP, GPS, OSD, Sonar, etc - Use most devices on any port, softserial included
- VTX support for Unify Pro and IRC Tramp
- and MUCH, MUCH more.