I have seen both XM and XM+ receivers and am wondering which one would be better to get for a micro-drone build. What are the differences in specs? (range, reliability, weight, etc)
According to Oscar Liang, the XM+:
- Is larger and heavier than XM (21.5 x 12 x 3.5 mm – 1.6 g)
- Has diversity antennae, unlike XM
- Has solder pads in addition to pin headers
- Doesn't support Smart Port telemetry
- Has RSSI channel support on a dedicated pad and 16th channel
- Has a wider input voltage range than XM (3.7v-10v)
As far as I know, they are almost the same.
The only difference is that the XM+ has a diversity receiver so will be more reliable. It also weighs slightly more and is slightly larger (though it’s a negligible amount in my opinion).
If it were me, I’d go for the XM+ for the extra peace of mind.