I was mainly wondering if there was something in the drones world, similar to what the ender3 is to the 3d printing community -- that is, a cheap kit massively owned by makers and open source enthusiasts.
I'd like to get a list of components I can, afterwards, highly customize. I can make 3d prints.
For now, what I've found for the features I want, are :
- a thingiverse post of the mavic air/pro cloned foldable frame. However I don't know if it's as worth as the "open flat frames" used in plenty of youtube videos for DIY racer drones... In the sense of payload carrying ability and speed limits/agressive maneuvers.
- pixhawk as the flight controller board and px4 firmware. I would need at least one extra pin (more is appreciated) for controlling a servomotor for custom experiments. Is there any better solution?
- found out that the more blades I get on a propeller the more silent it will be. However I didn't found any foldable propeller with more than 2 blades... You guys did?
- some sliding design for swapable battery, such as on the autel evo 2, that I can't afford because it costs 2k$ and I don't even know if it's customizable... Any thingiverse post you guys saved**?**
But my BIGGEST wonderings are for the FPV feature :
- All the tutorials I've found use some DJI digital "fpv unit" to cast what the drones sees into operator's goggles. But if I don't want to wear goggles, but instead, still cast onto the remote controller screen, is there any build logs/tutorial for that?
- How to get the remote controller screen to be displayed on a smartphone? Is there such famous couple <RC remotes, android app> that not only work with DJI models or specific brands? Or some generic opensource project I could flash on micro controllers and buy appropriate antennas. For now I've found the 300\$ skydroid T12 or the 800$ herelink but they are too expensive for me on a budget.
- I heard about betaflight for assigning maneuvers to keys of a custom controller (such as gamestation ones), but these devices aren't radio-enabled (long range + anonymous), nor able to redirect the videostream into a smartphone, isn't it ?
- Is there android apps for fully controlling a drone through smartphone (virtual joysticks on screen) over wifi while getting its point-of-view livestream on the phone screen?
By thanking you