This is related to my past ESC troubles. See link for some flight history.
I tried the recalibration as suggested by ifconfig, which sadly didn't work. But now the motor will not go above 2/3rds thrust(slight improvement), no matter the calibration range. I did do one calibration where I used full throttle as max and the center as none, and the ESC would stop working once I got above 2/3rds of the calibration range.
What it is not;
- ESC overheating/overloading(it is cool to the touch and I even ran it in our deep freezer, same results)
- broken ESC(I used a new ESC as well as an old one I fixed. Both have the same problem)
What I'm not sure about;
- the receiver has been in some crashes, perhaps it got shaken around and is messing with the signals?
- the transmitter is cheap so it might be messed up, but it was working fine before.
- motor might be broken but I don't think so, it's not even scratched up.
- battery(charger) might be to blame. The charger I have (also cheap) has 3 lights for the cells, and the cell 1 light never turns green(ive left it charging overnight, still red). I just thought the charger was broken, but maybe cell 1 isn't getting charged?
- ESC is rated for 30A, uses T-plug to connect to battery.
- Battery is a 3S 2200 mah 30C from Mirahobby
- Motor is 2200 kv, is using a 9050 prop(slightly outside plane and motor recommendations)
- Plane is an FT Spitfire from flitetest
- The only modifications I have made to any of these pieces is when I globbed some hot glue onto the antennae on the receiver to strengthen it some
What do I need to fix to get the motor/esc to work properly? Do I need to replace any of my hardware? Should I just build a lighter plane that only needs 2/3 thrust?