I am a German citizen and have a hobby drone dji mavic 2 pro. I would like to know how/where I have to do all the paperwork so that I can as a tourist fly my toy over Pisa tower and make a short video and take some pictures....

For doing this in Germany, the process is pretty clear. But what about Italy?

I want to avoid things like this here:

French tourist could face €113,000 fine...

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ I think you'll struggle to get a permit to fly around the Tower of Pisa. If you don't get an answer here you might have more luck on Aviation, where aeronautical regulations are on topic, or perhaps Drones and Model Aircraft $\endgroup$ Commented Sep 30, 2020 at 8:13

1 Answer 1


So far as I can tell (as of 30th September 2020) Italian drone regulations are available first-hand here - but only in Italian; as I am not an Italian speaker you will need to locate a reputable translator (I have browsed briefly with Google Translate, but due to the risks of mistranslation will not copy it here.)

The rules across Europe have largely been harmonised under EASA, so you are likely to find them to be quite similar to your home (German) rules - and so unfortunately flying close to a busy tourist location is likely to be difficult for a recreational flyer.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.